Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ready, Get Set, Sunday!

I always look forward to lazy Sunday mornings and of course reading through my Sunday edition of the Honolulu Advertiser. The newspaper of course is my bread and butter for couponing and sale searching. This week consisted of two coupon inserts as well as two special coupons. On the top left corner of the cover page was a sticky coupon for $1 off any Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf beverage. Will be using it to treat myself to a small Iced Blended drink. Not sure when they added the 12 oz. size but it works for me. The other coupon can be found in the USA Weekend section. Inside you will find a coupon for one free piece of Kentucky Grilled Chicken at KFC. The website also offers a free piece on April 27 at participating restaurants. Another food freebie!
Let me know what you think of the grilled version.

Just a quick recap of my weekend shopping adventure. As an avid reader of other savings blogs I am astounded by the saving scenarios being posted. Unfortunately we here in Hawaii don't have double or triple coupon days or next to nothing prices like the mainland but there are ways to save. Currently, Safeway has a promotion called, "Living Well. Feeling Great." Purchase $30 worth of groceries (before manufacturer's coupon) and get a $10 coupon at checkout for your next visit. Check out the website to see which brands are participating and remember this offer ends May 5! Okay this brings me back to my shopping trip. After reading expert shopper blogs, in order to get the most of this deal you should try to spend exactly $30 before manufacturer's coupons. The logic being you spend $30 get $10 back or saving 33% of your grocery bill. If you spend $40 get $10 back your savings drops to 25%. So with that in mind I tried to plan accordingly and searched the store for items with the white tags and hoped I had a coupon. Luckily, I had time to spare as it turned out to be much more of an effort than I imagined. I was able to put together $30.46 worth of participating items and got the following items using the corresponding coupon shown in parenthesis; OreIda Steam n' Mash Sweet Potato ($1), Kashi frozen dinner ($4.09), Paul Newman pizza ($1.00), 2 Yoplait Yo Plus ($3.00), Haagen Daaz ice cream ($4.25) and Starbucks ice cream ($1.00.) I also ended up buying two products that weren't part of the promotion but were on sale on Saturday; Ground beef 80% Lean @ $1.99/lb. and Wishbone dressing for $1.99 ($.75). After $14 worth of coupons, I spent $17 on "Living Well" products and got my $10 coupon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You found really great deals @ Safeway this week. How long is the $10 coupon good for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco, the coupon I received expires on 5/9/09. I believe it is good for 2 weeks from date you receive it. Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete